- Brainspotting is a powerful, focused treatment method that works by identifying, processing and releasing core neurobiological sources of emotional/body pain, trauma, dissociation and a variety of other challenging symptoms. Brainspotting is simultaneously a form of diagnosis and treatment which is deep, direct, powerful, and contained.
- Brainspotting functions as a neurobiological tool to support the clinical healing relationship. There is no replacement for a safe, nurturing therapeutic presence and the ability to engage another person in a contained and trusting relationship where they feel heard, accepted, and understood.
- Brainspotting gives us a tool, within this clinical relationship, to locate, process, and release experiences and symptoms that are typically beneath the conscious mind ~ beneath thoughts and even language.
- Brainspotting works with the deep brain and the body through its direct access to the autonomic and limbic systems within the body’s central nervous system. Accordingly, it is a physiological tool/treatment which has profound psychological, emotional, and physical consequences.
- Brainspotting taps into and harnesses the body’s innate self-scanning capacity to process and release personal areas/systems which are in a maladaptive homeostasis (dysfunctional patterns). This may also explain the ability of Brainspotting to often reduce and eliminate body pain and tension associated with physical conditions. This is the body in its wisdom!
Any life event which causes significant physical and/or emotional injury and distress, in which the person powerfully experiences being overwhelmed, helpless, or trapped, can become a traumatic experience. Brainspotting is a powerful tool to reduce not only the symptoms, but the root of the trauma.
Read more about Brainspotting and its worldwide successes on my Articles page and about its founder, David Grand, at www.brainspotting.pro
* * *
Testimonial for Brainspotting:
“As a local therapist and an occasional client of Miriam Ramsey, I can not say enough about the profound effects of Brainspotting. I have seen it first hand in my practice and have great results working with Miriam. She is a gifted therapist who has great knowledge using this evidenced based modality.”
~ Randy W., Bend, Oregon